Time is extremely important in the case of a medical emergency. Robinson Park recommends that all tenants keep a first aid kit and emergency supplies available.
THE PERSON WHO DISCOVERS THE EMERGENCY SHOULD:
- Call 911 of the local emergency number.
- Provide the dispatcher with the following information:
- Type of Medical Emergency
- Location of Medical Emergency
- Company Name
- Physical Building Address [not building name]
- Floor and Suite Number
- Telephone Number
- Listen to the dispatcher for any additional instructions before hanging up.
- Call the Management Office to report the emergency. The property team will open doors and hold elevators for the paramedics in order to expedite treatment.
NOTE: It is crucial that the injured person is not moved. Try to keep the injured person comfortable without moving, unless a life-threatening hazard exists.
FIRST AID / EMERGENCY SUPPLIES
The more supplies you have on hand when an emergency occurs, the better prepared you are to deal with injuries. It is recommended that at a minimum, you have the following available in your tenant space:
- First aid kit
- Cell phone
- Flashlights and fresh batteries
- Transistor radio (battery operated)
- Latex gloves for blood borne pathogen protection
- Heavy gloves in case of broken glass
- Emergency Analog Telephone to connect to a facsimile line that will operate in the case of a power failure
- Whistles to get the attention of those around you
- Walking shoes to help you evacuate quickly
- Bottled water
- Light sticks (8 hour)